King Ritson Dental Clinic offers implants to replace a single tooth, multiple teeth or to help secure dentures. We have new technology that optimizes implant success by allowing us to:
- Take a three-dimensional image of your jaw with our Cone Beam CT Scanner
- Use our specialized 3-D software to design and fabricate a custom surgical guide to ensure optimal implant placement
- Our CEREC technology enables us to create your final restoration in our office (with the experience of having created over 3500 CEREC restorations in our clinic)
- King Ritson Dental Clinic has placed and restored over 1000 dental implants
In an excerpt from Dear doctor’s article Dental Implant Surgery: What to Expect, Before, During, and After, the writer, Dr. Kenneth W.M. Judy emphasizes that, “the reality is most patients experience no pain during the [implant] surgery and very little discomfort afterward.”
Dental implants are the most ideal artificial tooth replacements. Implants arose from the patient’s need to secure loose-fitting dentures. Since the advent of the implant, engineering and enhancements to the implant have enabled dentists to expand the implant’s usefulness, including the replacement of missing or lost teeth. Implants are often chosen, as they are one of the most ideal tooth replacements to achieve the patient’s desired cosmetic, functional and long-term result.
Basic Prerequisites for a Successful Implant and Natural-Looking Cosmetic Result:
- Sufficient quantity and quality of bone to anchor the implant
- Adjacent teeth and gums are healthy and,
- The quality of the adjacent teeth is good.
Implant techniques provide a wide range of tooth replacement solutions including:
- Single Tooth Replacement
- Anterior (front) Replacement
- Posterior (back) Replacement
- Full Upper Replacement
- If the missing tooth space has no surrounding teeth, the dentist may decide an implant is the most appropriate treatment choice or option.
The Dental Implant Process
The Implant treatment process begins with a consultation. At this time your doctor will discuss your specific medical history, how many implants, your bone quantity and quality and any medication you may be on. They will then discuss the options available to you and recommend a treatment plan that best fits your needs.
After The Procedure
Careful tissue management by our specialized doctors means that discomfort should be minimal and healing should be predictable. Your doctor will prescribe an anti-inflammatory medication to manage any discomfort you may be experiencing. An anti-bacterial mouth rinse will be necessary to ensure an adequate healing process. Every situation is different so ask your doctor what to expect after the procedure and check out our Implants After Care Form for instructions and what to expect after the procedure.
No adjustments are needed after placements. Most Dental Implants serve their owners for life! When paired with Restorative Dentistry, your teeth’s appearance and function will be restored to their former glory, if not better!
Prevents Jawbone Shrinkage
Jawbones will shrink when they are missing roots from natural teeth, which can age your face significantly. Dental Implants acts as a stabilizer to maintain your face’s natural shape.
Healthy Teeth Stay Healthy
Unlike with a dental bridge, which can damage nearby teeth by using them as an anchor, dental implants stand strong on their own.
Are you interested in one of our many treatment options? If you have any questions, please contact us by phone at 289-207-7616 or by completing our form below! We will have someone get back to you shortly.
We are open 6 days a week (closed Sundays), including evenings, with ample free parking.